Another way for authors to promote and market their book and to establish themselves not only as published authors but also as thought leaders is through article marketing.
If you think of self-publishing your own book, you will be wearing more than one hat, one of which is being an article marketer. If you love writing… if you are passionate about your book, you would not mind an extra responsibility – writing the extra mile – especially if it will open you to new opportunities.
Article marketing, when done right, offers authors many opportunities, which include publishing their thoughts where readers as well as divergent opinions abound and reaching out to new readers in places other than social media.
There are many free and paid article submission sites such as EzineArticles, InfoBarrel, ArticleCube, Amazines, and Sooper Articles, where you can post articles of varied interests – articles that answer your readers’ questions and satisfy their thirst for information and spark conversation around your book or the themes of your book. Article directories are also the best places to post book reviews.
There are advantages as well as disadvantages to article marketing. The advantages include:
- Writing high quality articles helps build your credibility as an author and establish authority in your field. People who love your articles will remember you if ever they look for someone in your field.
- Articles with your byline increase your name recognition. People will be aware of your talents and expertise.
- Almost all article directories will allow you to place a direct link back to your author website either in the article body or in the author’s bio section or resource box.
- The links you add or insert in your article boost your author website’s SEO (search engine optimization) and increases your position on SERPs (search engine optimization pages).
- Links on article submission sites provide a continuous steady source of traffic to your author website and even to your social media and Amazon and Goodreads author page.
What are the disadvantages of article marketing for authors?
- Writing articles can be time-consuming. Some authors would choose to improve their book marketing and promotion strategy or create more content for their website than to write articles or learn article marketing.
- Submitting articles to some article directories can be intimidating and time-consuming. Many submission sites adopt rigid editorial guidelines, and moderators take time to access the quality of articles before approving – or rejecting – them.
- Article marketing can also be tiring and frustrating, especially when you run out of topic ideas to write after submitting a dozen articles, more than half of them still awaiting approval.
Article marketing is not for every author. Like all digital marketing strategies, it entails considerable time and effort. Marketing is indeed a commitment.
Want to incorporate article marketing into your book marketing and promotion strategy? Take note that writing articles is just as time-consuming as promoting your book, going to your autographing session, and creating content for your author website. Determine whether you can spare the time to learn how to do article marketing.
When you develop a proven system and learn how to write quickly and effectively while still maintaining quality standards, article marketing can be effective and be used in conjunction with your overall book marketing strategy.
Moreover, article marketing is inexpensive. Will you be using it?
Need help with your book marketing strategy? Don’t hesitate to talk with a ReadersMagnet marketing consultant today. Call 1-800-805-0762 or email us at email@example.com