Knowing the pros and cons of article marketing is very important especially if you are planning to use article marketing as one of your strategy in boosting traffic to your website.
According to Marketing-Schools Org Article marketing is defined “one of the oldest strategies used by online marketers to acquire new visitors and increase sales on their websites. The practice typically involves writers and publishers as primary participants, with article marketing services working as intermediaries that help match writers with interested publishers”.
Being a self-published author you will be wearing more than one hat and one of it is being an article marketer. If you love writing… if you are passionate about your book, you would not mind an extra responsibility especially if it will open new opportunities.
Article marketing when done right. Offer authors many opportunities with the help of free and paid article submission sites such as EzineArticles, InfoBarrel, ArticleCube, Amazines, and Sooper Articles, where you can post articles of varied interests – articles that answer your readers’ questions and satisfy their thirst for information and spark conversation around your book or the themes of your book. Article directories are also the best places to post book reviews.
Below are the pros and cons of article marketing. The advantages are:
- Writing high quality articles helps build your credibility as an author and establish authority in your field. People who love your articles will remember you if ever they look for someone in your field.
- Articles with your byline increase your name recognition. People will be aware of your talents and expertise.
- Almost all article directories will allow you to place a direct link back to your author website either in the article body or in the author’s bio section or resource box.
- The links you add or insert in your article boost your author website’s SEO (search engine optimization) and increases your position on SERPs (search engine optimization pages).
- Links on article submission sites provide a continuous steady source of traffic to your author website and even to your social media and Amazon and Goodreads author page.
What are the disadvantages of article marketing for authors?
- Writing articles can be time-consuming. Some authors would choose to improve their book marketing and promotion strategy or create more content for their website than to write articles or learn article marketing.
- Submitting articles to some article directories can be intimidating and time-consuming. Many submission sites adopt rigid editorial guidelines, and moderators take time to access the quality of articles before approving – or rejecting – them.
- Article marketing can also be tiring and frustrating, especially when you run out of topic ideas to write after submitting a dozen articles, more than half of them still awaiting approval.
- According to Wikipedia it can be a “Stolen content – if a company uses article marketing, they publish their article to another website. Some editors may omit the company’s resource box, which makes the whole article marketing useless for the company. The company may not get the credit and site traffic that they deserve”.
Article marketing is not for every author. Like all digital marketing strategies, it entails considerable time and effort. Marketing is indeed a commitment but if you develop a proven system and learn how to write quickly and effectively while still maintaining quality standards, article marketing can be effective and be used in conjunction with your overall book marketing strategy.
Learning pros and cons of article marketing will help you to determined to use article marketing even though it is inexpensive. Will you be using it?
Need help in marketing your book? Talk with a ReadersMagnet marketing consultant today. Call 1-800-805-0762 or email us at email@example.com